To clean a facial roller properly, you will only need a little hydrogen peroxide or high percentage alcohol and try to disinfect it with the step-by-step guide we offer you.
Facial rollers or “derma rollers” have become the latest fad in facial cleansing. A small device that allows us to perform a much deeper cleansing than washing or exfoliating the face with our hands, but that requires very specific hygiene conditions. Let’s see how to clean a facial roller correctly, step by step.
- Kristen Stewart bets on Bikram Yoga, swimming, and dancing to stay in shape
- Train like Vanessa Hudgens with these yoga and SoulCycle techniques
- How to grow and care for indoor and outdoor palm trees?
In the market, there are for some years the so-called “derma roller” or “skin roller”, facial rollers that have small spikes that can be of a larger or smaller size depending on the type of depth we want to apply to the cleaning of the face known as “micro-needling”. These brushes work with interchangeable brush heads, but they must be well sanitized and sterilized to avoid bacteria and germs. So let’s see how to clean them.
Steps to clean a facial roller
- Before looking at the process of cleaning a facial roller or derma roller, we have to point out that the ideal is to always clean before and after use, to be safe, and to avoid infections, since the skin is “pricked” by the barbs or needles of the head, so it is easy to come into contact with all kinds of bacteria.
- To clean the facial roller properly, alcohol should not be used without further ado, even if we think it is good for disinfecting the derma roller. We must use hydrogen peroxide or a specific product for disinfecting medical instruments, perhaps in spray form because it is more convenient, faster, and more practical to use.
- You must take the disinfectant product and apply it on the head of the facial roller that previously we can wash without problem with soap and let it dry.
- In case you cannot buy a disinfectant spray or do not have hydrogen peroxide, you can use the alcohol mentioned above, but it must be 75%.
- Take a plastic container and place it inside the head of the facial roller (if it is removable and you can put only the head, better), now you must add the 75% alcohol until the head is completely covered and let it act for 15 to 30 minutes.
- After this time the facial roller will be disinfected. Now you only have to take it out of the container, wash it under the tap with warm water, and let it air dry. It is now ready for you to use again.
- In case you have noticed that the facial roller has some kind of dirt that the alcohol has not removed, you can always carefully wipe it with a toothbrush that has soft bristles or wipe it with a damp sponge (slowly and carefully). Once this is done, you will have to repeat the disinfection process described above with either peroxide or 75% alcohol.