Today we will tell you how to combat constipation with natural remedies. Constipation can be caused by many factors and, to combat it, the ideal is to adopt healthy lifestyle habits. This disorder can become a chronic problem if you do not pay attention to it, so you should know what its causes are to solve it.
What to take for constipation?
Apart from poor diet, constipation can be caused by dehydration, inflammatory diseases, and genetic factors. In addition, it is often accompanied by gas, abdominal pain, and bloating.
There is a wide range of possibilities to combat constipation, from food to infusions or laxatives. However, we recommend that you consult a specialist before taking certain plants. They are usually safe but could cause adverse effects if you supplement them with any treatment. We can always choose natural remedies such as the following laxative teas that will help you regulate the activity of your intestine.
- Senna: It is a medicinal plant to combat constipation and its use is widespread in Asia. It acts as a mild laxative because it contains anthraquinones, substances that stimulate the muscular walls that surround the intestine. Do not abuse its consumption because it could lead to severe purging.
- Chamomile: Helps to relieve and prevent constipation, in addition to protecting the membrane of the intestine. If you mix it with lime blossom or lemon balm and a little honey, you will see how effective it is.
- Green tea: This is one of the best infusions against constipation because it promotes the movement of the intestinal muscle and relieves heavy digestion.
But in addition to these natural laxatives, there are also other natural remedies for constipation, as well as foods, infusions, and natural tricks.
Home remedies for constipation
Some natural infusions are a good ally to facilitate bowel movements, but always follow the instructions for use because some plants could also cause side effects, especially if we are taking some kind of medication. These remedies are the most effective to treat this problem:
- Nettle infusion: This plant favors the expulsion of waste, in addition to providing many other benefits to our body. Nettle leaves are known for their high content of nutrients and bioactive compounds such as carotenoids, fatty acids, essential amino acids, tannins, vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates, among others. This is why this plant is so beneficial.
- Fennel seed tisane: The use of fennel to combat various digestive disorders, including constipation, is well known. Fennel seeds have been used for hundreds of years as a safe and natural supplement against this condition. It also fights heartburn and helps to eliminate gas. The best way to take them is infused.
- Coriander infusion: Coriander has always been used in popular culture as an adjuvant against constipation, stomach inflammation, and gas.
- Linseed herbal tea: Of the infusions for constipation, this is one of the most popular. It is also beneficial for other digestive problems because it contains substances such as soluble fiber and fatty acids that help with the elimination of waste. As if that were not enough, it does not affect the bacterial flora and also has anti-diarrheal effects.
- Infusion of cascara sagrada: It is obtained from a conifer that is quite common in the northern forests of the United States and Canada. Like the Senna plant, it has a large number of anthraquinones, thus stimulating intestinal movement.
- Marshmallow tisane: This plant comes from Europe and Asia and its leaves and flowers have been traditionally used to combat constipation for its properties. It also acts on the liver causing the secretion of bile, which acts as a lubricant and thus improves intestinal transit.
As we have seen, hydration is the best ally against intestinal transit difficulties, but it is also important that you do not hold the urge to go to the bathroom, as it is one of the main causes of constipation. Another measure you can take is to exercise to move your bowels and facilitate evacuation.
- How to put on a condom effectively and safely?
- How to recognize gold with very simple techniques?
- How to grow plants from cuttings?
Foods that relieve the constipation
The main causes of constipation are lifestyle and diet, as we have already mentioned. For this reason, to combat constipation you must maintain a balanced diet rich in fiber because there is no better way to fight it than prevention. Pay attention to these recommendations:
- Oat flakes: It is a food rich in fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Insoluble fiber absorbs water and increases the size of the stool, softening it to facilitate its expulsion. It also acts as a protective layer during the digestive process.
- Kiwi: Its high fiber content facilitates bowel movements and, if you eat it on an empty stomach, you will increase its laxative properties. All fruits have high fiber content, but avoid bananas and plantains because they have astringent properties.
- Aloe vera: Has endless benefits, as well as digestive properties. It allows the stool to circulate and purifies the colon. It also helps to stimulate the bacterial flora and improves our defenses.
In short, all these natural remedies for constipation are effective and have no contraindications, but it is not good to abuse them. If the problem persists or is recurrent you should visit your doctor, because it could be a symptom of a more serious disease.