In this article, we’ll tell you how to remove wax residues from the skin. Using depilatory wax is one of the most effective methods of hair removal, but sometimes traces are left on the skin. Learn how to remove wax residues easily.
One of the main reasons to use wax for hair removal is that it is an effective method to easily remove hair from the entire body. It lasts longer than other techniques such as depilatory cream or the use of a razor. However, when using this method, small fragments of wax often remain stuck to the skin. This is not only unsightly but also uncomfortable.
But how to remove wax from the skin without irritating it? Pay attention, we will tell you.
How to remove wax residues?
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a very useful product to remove traces of wax from the skin, avoiding irritation. The reason is that it contains essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E, ingredients that help keep the skin smooth and hydrated. In addition, olive oil removes the remains of depilatory wax and helps to show off perfect legs. All you need is an absorbent disc to soak it with oil and apply it all over the waxed area. Finally, clean with soap and water and the remains will disappear effortlessly.
- Warm water and soap: This is the most traditional and quickest method to clean wax from the skin since we are usually in the bathroom when we wax. When you’re done, rinse with water to get rid of the wax residue. The only thing you should take into account is that the wax you have used has a water base to remove it easily. Otherwise, if your wax is resin-based, you will need another, more effective solution.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is also great for removing wax residue, and it has many vitamins that can help your skin look softer and fresher. Although you can alternate them, it is a good substitute for olive oil, as each has different properties that are very beneficial for the skin.
- Special wipes: If you don’t want to complicate things, there are special wipes to clean wax from the skin, even some depilatory waxes come with these special wipes. Now that you know this, a good tip to keep in mind is to buy a depilatory wax that contains special wipes to remove the wax residue. However, it is not as natural as the previous ones and contains more chemicals.
- Moisturizing cream: Not that it is the best option in the world to clean wax from the skin, but it can get us out of a bind in case we don’t have anything else at hand. The good thing is that both before and after removing wax residue you’ll keep your skin well moisturized.
Tips for removing wax from the skin
- You can also use sweet almond oil or baby oil.
- If you use sugar depilatory wax, simply wash the area with plenty of soap and water.
- Never use alcohol to remove wax residue; your skin will be irritated after waxing and this product will only make the situation worse.
- To clean wax from still-hot skin put a larger piece of wax on top and let it dry as if you were going to wax.
- Avoid waxing the most difficult areas on your own.
- Be careful not to burn or irritate your skin. To do this, give the wax a strong and safe pull to avoid leaving any residue.
- Before applying the wax, your skin should be clean and dry.
- Spread the wax with an applicator stick in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Keep your skin well moisturized so that when waxing you can remove wax residue effortlessly.
- Avoid using body oils before waxing, as they can dry out and damage your skin.
- Trim the hair to make the waxing process easier and less painful.
- Avoid sweating while waxing, so make sure there is good ventilation in the place where you are going to do it.
- Depilatory wax that is too cold or too hot makes it difficult to remove the hair, as well as leaving residue on your skin. Make sure it is lukewarm to avoid damage.
- Use the post-depilatory wipes or oils that some waxes include, both warm and cold. Not only do they soothe irritation after waxing, but they also slow down hair growth.
How to remove wax from clothing?
When waxing at home, it is likely that, even if we are very careful, we will stain our clothes, towels, or sheets. Fortunately, it is easy to remove. Whether the wax is cold, warm, or hot, you can remove it by heating it with an iron. To do this you need a sheet of tissue paper to place between the stained garment and the iron. When you pass the iron and the wax gets hot, it will stick to the paper and will come out of the garment without any problem.
- Kristen Stewart bets on Bikram Yoga, swimming, and dancing to stay in shape
- Train like Vanessa Hudgens with these yoga and SoulCycle techniques
- How to grow and care for indoor and outdoor palm trees?
If the wax is sugar wax, just put it in a basin of very hot water and then put it in the washing machine. Don’t worry about putting the clothes in hot water, if they have shrunk when you take them out of the washing machine, put them in a basin with water and hair conditioner and they will recover their usual size.
As you can see, there are many tricks and home remedies that you can follow to make waxing and removing wax residues less annoying. What are you waiting for to try them?